<  Ceremony  ~  Help Needed for master of ceremonies
transferred_files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:03 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

I have a queston I am going to be a master of ceremony but i need some guide lines on how to adress the people for tomorrow. can you help?

transferred_files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:03 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

Duties for the Master of Ceremonies

Bridal Party may wish to make changes to this order of duties to suit their wedding.

Ask the Stewards to seat the guests, as soon as it is time bring the bridal party into the reception, followed by The Entry of the Bride and Groom

First, You should ask the Guests to stand and receive the bridal party.
If your introducing each member of the Bridal Party do so now, announcing each as they walk in. After the Bride and Groom enter the room and you have announced the welcome Mr. and Mrs. ....so and so
allow your guests to be seated.

*Make sure you introduce yourself to the Guests as the MC for the evening.

Ok now the speech part, on behalf of the Bride and Groom, formally welcome the guests to the occassion. You can say something like:

"On behalf of the Bride and Groom, I would like to formally welcome you to this auspicious occasion to the wedding of " "_______insert name______ " and explain the procedures for the rest of the evening

*If your having a meal and the couple wants a grace to be said at the beginning of the meal, you must introduce the person who was nominated to do this.

Today, Grace and/or Toasts are Optional. If either or both are to be said, the Newlyweds remain standing at their places and the MC asks everyone "Please remain standing for Grace, said by "__________" (usually said by Priest who married them). Grace should be short and very simple.

*Now someone can give a toast... If they want, everyone should relax and enjoy the meal before the speeches begin.

*The MC will act as Liaise with the caterers to find out when or how long before the main meal will be, and then keep checking with them through out the evening on each part of the meals and when served.

*Its the MCs responsibility to ensure that champagne is poured out when the meal is over before any toasts are given.

I hope this helps you, Good Luck!