<  Jewelry, Hair & Beauty  ~  what make-up you will be wearing on the wedding day
transferred_files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:58 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

So do any of you know what make-up you will be wearing on the big day? I am NOT getting it professionaly done, but I'm still trying to decide what I will wear. I on the hunt for a good oil-free foundation (that's *very* yellow-based), as my Nars oil-free makes me pretty
shiny.

I'm interested in knowing what others may be wearing.

transferred_files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:59 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

Dear Kara~

You mentioned that you are not planning to have your makeup professionally done on your wedding day. I hope that you might consider having a consultation with a professional makeup artist so that you can find exactly the right products and color palette selected for your skin tone and type, and eye coloring. "Oil Free" is a misunderstood term in cosmetics as all makeup (even oil free) has some kind of emollient vehicle to deliver the pigment and spread sufficiently on skin. What you are looking for is a foundation that is non-occlusive to your oily skin tendency, but will last during your special day. That calls for a foundation that is much higher in percentage of pigment, but in a vehicle that is more compatible to the natural sebum production (oils) of skin.

Because of your skin's tendency towards being "shiny" even under oil free foundations, you will always need to blot periodically throughout your day when wearing makeup. That is simply a physical factor of your oil gland production that is uniquely responsive to your state of emotions, stress, hormones, etc. You can help minimize the shine factor by using a prefoundation under your base, or using an antishine product, both of which will help to normalize oil production and give foundation a good adherance to skin. Be sure to use loose powder to set your foundation, so that you can maintain it throughout the day with a minimal amount of pressed powder.

Good luck, and best wishes~
Suzanne Patterson