<  Proposal Stories  ~  Peanut Butter Minus the Jelly
transferred_files
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:49 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin

"I attend school at Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID and he attends BYU. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive to see each other. We are high school sweethearts and are from the same town and ward. We planned to drive home together for the weekend to visit our families and to celebrate my birthday. He was supposedly bringing a close friend with him whose car was unreliable. He called me and said they made it into town. He said his friend's girlfriend wanted to stop at the park near my apartment building, so they did, but now the car wouldn't start. He asked me to come pick them up, so believing they were in trouble, I went to pick them up. When I got there, he blindfolded me and told me they had a surprise for me. He walked me down the street to the other side of the park where his friends were supposedly waiting. When we got to a quiet area, he told me to hang on while he went to get his friends. When he came back, he was setting up a folded table. He then proceeded to tell me his friends were not there because they had school and had to work, but they would meet up with us in Boise. He said he made lunch for me as a birthday present. A nice gesture, I thought. So, he hands me a peanut butter sandwich and tells me to take a bite. I took a bite and it was all peanut butter, yuck! Now that I had peanut butter all over the roof of my mouth, he decided to give me a drink...of air. That's right, he gave me an empty glass. He told me to sit down. By now I was catching on and felt behind me before I tried to sit down. Yep! No chair. At that point I was laughing, thinking, what is this guy up to?! He took the blindfold off and gave me a big hug. He then pulled the ring from his pocket and kneeled on his knee and said, "Without you, I am a peanut butter sandwich without any jelly, a glass without anything to drink, and a table without any chairs. I love you, will you marry me for time and eternity in the temple?" I was shocked and my immediate response was not what he had expected, but it only took me a second to say YES!"

originally Posted on: 8:30 am on July 26, 2001