One Year Before
4 Months Before
- Research things to do in town during their stay.
- Address and send out your invitations and
- Arrange for final dress fittings.
- Purchase wedding guest book.
- Order your wedding favors, bridal party
2 Months Before
- Set up any other appointments for pre-wedding cuts, colors or perms.
- Make appointments for you and your bridal party to get manicures, pedicures, massages, spa treatments, etc.
- Choose a make-up artist and schedule a trial.
- Start gathering your RSVPs.
- Finalize your dates for your last-minute dress fittings.
- Purchase bridal party gifts and gift for your fiancé.
- Assign a friend or family member, not in the wedding party, to be your “wedding assistant” for the day of your wedding to help with special photos and songs.
1 Month Before
- Finalize rehearsal dinner details.
- Go over song lists and requests with your band or DJ.
Give your photographer a “must-have list” – a list of posed photographs you want taken.
- Confirm when final payments need to be made to vendors.
- Call guests who have not responded.
- Draw up seating arrangements for the reception.
- Have a “practice” session with the hairstylists and make-up artists you will use on your wedding day.
- Make a date with your fiancé to get your marriage license and blood tests.
- Start taking care of business such as name changes, address changes, etc...
2-3 Weeks Before
- Confirm all arrival times with vendors.
- Confirm hotel arrangements for out-of-town guests.
- Have your final dress fitting.
1 Week Before
- Pack your bags for the honeymoon.
- Arrange for the pick-up of your bridal attire.
- Have final fittings for groom and
groomsmen and schedule the return of the groom’s tuxedo
- Ask your bridal party to help with post-wedding tasks.
- Give gifts to your wedding party, family and fiancé privately, or at the rehearsal dinner.
- Make arrangements for your wedding gifts to be brought to your “new” home.
1-2 Days Before
- Confirm flight arrangements for the honeymoon.
- Make payment envelopes for each vendor
and give them to your wedding day assistant along with your
- Arrange a get-away car for after the
reception to include all your honeymoon essentials (luggage,
- Put together a bridal emergency kit for your wedding day including stockings, sewing kit, safety pins, etc.
- Compile a list of all your wedding vendors with phone numbers to ensure a stress-free wedding.
- Attend your rehearsal dinner.
- Get plenty of rest before the big day! Your Wedding Day (finally)!
- Get your hair and make-up done early.
- Make sure you get plenty to eat and drink a lot of water. You don’t want to faint.